Psychological Test – What is the most important to you in your Life?
I know you have been asked this question a number of times and wished that there was a sure way of coming up with the perfect answer; well today might just be your lucky day because I have a test that will help you answer that question.
The test is simple but will only work if you are true to yourself and are willing to invest 10 mins of your life to it. Yes! 10 min is all it will take to solve this mystery…
So here is what you are going to need before we start:
- A blank piece of paper.
- A pen to write your thoughts down.
- Undivided attention for the next 10 mins.
- A promise to be true to yourself.
Well, it is time to begin the test and your time starts now!
- Your list – Make a list of 20 things that are most important to you. This list should have 5 necessities, 5 luxuries and 10 groups of people or names of specific individuals is fine too. Groups of people include Parents, Family, Friends, Neighbours, Doctors, Loved ones, Children, Partner, Ex-partners etc.
- The Situation – You are travelling to your dream destination for a lifelong vacation and are going to spend the rest of your life in that heaven. It’s a long journey with the 20 important callouts on your list getting onto the bus with you at the starting point.
- The Task – Only one of those 20 will remain as you approach your destination and that one will enter heaven with you.
I hope you are all caught up till now and the game is clear, because the instructions to participate in this mystery solver are the most critical, so pay attention to the next set of points to have a perfect score.
- Make a vertical fold to your paper so as to divide it into half.
- Let the paper be folded and use one side of the surface exposed to you to start writing your list down.
- Once you are done with your complete list of 20, it is time to start dropping people off at 20 imaginary stops depending of how important they are in comparison to the each other and you have to decide their level of importance. So number them from 1 to 20, where 1 is the first stop and 20 is the last item left.
- Great! Looks like we have one item left!
But wait! The test is not over because you have completed only one half of the test based on a list that you felt was important, based on choices that you expected as an outcome. A list of your deepest desires and your perspective of how important each item was.
The reality is that it is basic human psychology to write down a list of things that we are either yet to experience, have already experienced or want more off; completely ignoring what we already have in the present.
90% of us would have things that are either harmful to us on our list or have names of people who we have spent a lifetime chasing; but even those lists will have a constant few pillars of support like family and friends, which is a wonderful indicator of our conscience…
Now here is the twist in the test that will help you arrive at your score.
One last task: Open the folded paper and next to each item either write “Yes” if that item is currently in your Life and “No” if it is not…
Unlike what you might be expecting the score isn’t a number but is a realisation that you are about to uncover.
If your answer was “No” for either of the items under the 3 headings we began with, the following is the perspective shift that this test offers:
Necessity– Your reality today does not have to be constant so work hard for the things you want to achieve because that is an opportunity. Making the most of this opportunity is up to you because it will show itself many times in your lifetime but you only need to prove it to yourself once and then every opportunity will be a want to better your situation.
Luxury– You are not as privileged as a few but are luckier than most who do not even have basic necessities but that does not mean you cannot have it; if you want it, go all out and get it!
People– Those that could not stand with you in your tough times or times of need, do not deserve you at your best. It was never about they wanting to be in your life, it was always about if your deserve better!
Well, there is one last thing I need to tell you about before I end this test and that is to let you onto a secret about heaven!
Heaven or your dream destination is not a place on a map, but is your journey of life; everyday one day at a time…
So remember that your time starts now in the present and here’s wishing you a safe journey…